Friday, 4 December 2009

The office door



Gripe for the day...the door into the office is directly behind my desk, there's only about 6 feet between my back and the door. And that leads out onto reception, which is permenantly open and freezing. We have heaters (by the ceiling), but it's about 5 degrees C at the moment, it's cold, there's snow in some parts of the country, and people keep leaving the bloody door open, every time they come in and out of the office. But what really gets my goat is, everyone working in the office complains about how cold it is (they're all wearing extra jumpers and scarves to try and keep warm) and what a draft there is any time someone opens the door but as soon as they leave the room to go to the bathroom, for a coffee, for a smoke, they will leave it wide open. And as closest person to the door, I not only get the biggest draft, but I have to get up to close it, I'm not joking, about 30 times a day, minimum. Granted, I could leave it open, but after 10 minutes of sitting in arctic temperatures, I eventually have to get up and close it...again.

sigh

Apart from that, everything is great! I'm going home to Dublin this weekend, catching up with friends and family. I can't wait to see my girlies, it seems like forever since I last saw them. And I had a really lovely night in with my boyfriend last nite, dinner, movies, far too many cheesy snacks and...other things that were very very enjoyable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment