Thursday, 3 December 2009

Inspiration


Perth Sunset

"the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live,
mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing,
but burn, burn, burn,
like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..."
-jack kerouac

I have so much going on at the moment, so many plans, so little time. Unfortunatly they're pretty much all dependant on money. In no particular order...

>Run my own vineyard in the Penedes Region, North of Barcelona (that's a 3 to 5 year plan)
>Move to Perth, that one is mostly because of my bf, I'd like to live in Melbourne, but Perth is easier to get work in (so I am told) and that's possibly an 8 month plan...more on that later
>Open my own cafe, I have this little cafe completly visualised in my mind. We will serve excellent coffee, homemade cakes and omlettes. Wednesday will be mojito night
>Learn Spanish properly, I speak a little now, but only in the present tense and I really just know different types of food and drinks...what? that's essential for Spanish living!
>Live in San Francisco...I've never been but I love the idea of the hills, the trams and the laid back life style.
>Go to Sziget Festival in Hungary...that one I think I actually will be doing this Summer! It's set on an island just outside Budapest, 5 days, 20 stages...it's the Burning Man of Europe, amazing!

>Buy a 2 bedroom, ground floor flat with a garden and a decent sized kitchen, it's impossible to cook for more than 3 people in the flat I'm in now. I want to keep chickens and bees, grow my own vegetables and I'd love to have a small scruffy terrier, big enough to play with, small enough to fit in a bike basket


I have a collection of tea sets left in my parents house that I've been pining for. I think I'll collect them at Christmas and set them up in my new room! Which leads me onto another thing I'm pretty excited about (I totally get off on the little things!) I was planning on moving in January, but I've kind of changed my mind now. One of my flatmates is deffo moving out, and his room is easily twice the size of mine, for the exact same rent...so that's pretty much a doosy. I get a new room, more space and I don't even have to hire a man with a van! I have so many ideas for my new room, some small projects and so much more wardrobe space!! I'm starting a new job on the 4th of January too, very excited about that! I'll be working longer hours, but the people seem so lovely, there's a real team spirit in the office and plus, they pay a monthly bonus, which will help so much with my vineyard/bee keeping/australia plans!

And of course, spend as much quality time with my lovely, amazing boyfriend as possible

No comments:

Post a Comment